1. Price it right. Listen to your REALTOR regarding your property’s realistic price range. Keep in mind your timeframe to sell. If you need to close quickly – price accordingly!
2. Prepare for visitors. Get your house market ready at least two weeks before you begin showing it.
3. Be flexible about showings. It’s often disruptive to have a house ready to show at the spur of the moment. But the more amenable you can be about letting people see your home, the sooner you’ll find a buyer.
4. Anticipate the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable.
5. Don’t refuse to drop the price. If your home has been on the market for more than 90 days without an offer, you should be prepared to at least consider lowering your asking price.